Considered by many to be the unofficial flag of the Hong Kong protests, the Black Bauhinia is an adapted version of Hong Kong’s national flag. With the bright red background of the national flag replaced with a dark black, the flag mourns the absence of prosperity and unity in Hong Kong and reflects the dismal conditions the city is facing.
Some versions of the Black Bauhinia depict wilting petals of the national flower, presenting a graphic reflection of the erosion of the rights and freedoms enjoyed under the ‘one country, two systems’ principle.
These shirts are embroidered and shipped from the USA.
• 100% combed ring-spun cotton
• Charcoal Heather and Carbon Grey is 60% cotton and 40% polyester
• Fabric weight: 6.5 oz/yd² (220 g/m²)
• 20 singles
• Regular fit
• Side-seamed construction
• 1 × 1 rib at collar
• Single-needle edge stitch 7/8″
• Blank product sourced from Pakistan