12. California has historically had the third highest unemployment rate of any state, andhas the highest under-employment rate.
13.California scored 45th on “The Nation’s Report Card”for public school test scores, indicating significantly sub-par scores on Math and Reading and generally poorly educated students.
14. The state of California requires licenses for 198 different occupations (the most in the nation). The national average is only 96.
15. California teachers are the5th highest paidin the nation, butCalifornia students rank 46th in math and 49th in reading.
16. California accounts for 12.15% percent of the U.S. population, buta whopping 30% percent of Americans that receive TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and MOE live there. This amounts to almost7 billion dollars per year.
18. Including unfunded pension liabilities,the state of California has more than twice as much debtas any other state does. Their total state debt (w/o unfunded pension liabilities) issecond only to New York.
19.Average pay for California state workershas risen by 100 percent from 2005 to 2012, and 120 percent from 2012-2015. That is awesome news for those state employees, but it is terrible news for the taxpayers that have to pay their salariesand their pensions (Which we already have mentioned are currently unfunded).
20. California has the worst healthcare system in the country. This occurred because of illegals using the healthcare and not paying for insurance or services, hospitals closing down, and increased costs on providers.
22. Sadly, an astounding58.6 percentof all students attending California public schools now qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches. To qualify, the family income must fall below 185% of the poverty line.
23. TheAmerican Tort Reform Associationhas ranked the state of California asthe second worst “judicial hellhole” in America, and the worst state-wide “judicial hellhole”.
24. Absurd regulations in California have been increasing in number and scope, while also becoming significantly more problematic for operating businesses within CA.
38. The rampant gang activity in the state gets even worse with each passing year. (Los Angeles is deemed “Gang Capital of America”).
39. California’s violent crime rate is the 13th highest in the nation.
40. Back in 2010, the city attorney of San Bernardino, California told citizens to “lock their doors and load their guns” becausethere is not enough money to pay for adequate police protection any longer.
41. California is incrediblylawsuit happy, coming in as one of theTop 5 “Lawsuit Climate” states.
42. They havethree of the top 10 most violent cities in the US.
43. In Stockton, the police budget cuts got so bad that the police union put up a billboard at one point with the following message: “Welcome to the 2nd most dangerous city in California. Stop laying off cops.”
44.California doesn’t respect therights of parents. (Sound like socialist utopia yet?).
45. The absolutely insane California state legislature. Oh, and Jerry Brown.
46. Wildfires, mudslides, and impending giant earthquake.
47.1.5 out of 10 drivers in the state do not have car insurance. California also has one of the lowest minimum coverage rates. This ledCalifornia to being ranked #1 in the “Top 5 Riskiest States For Drivers“.
48. In the past decade, over 5 million people left California with only 3.9 million moving in. This has created aloss of over 1 million people, and a budget reduction of 26 billion in annual income.
49.Illegals control the state.Double-digit billions of dollarsgo to illegal immigrant aid-related expenses (such as housing, K-12 schooling, English supplementation courses, free college for the “undocumented”, healthcare, etc).This is after accounting for tax revenue they contribute.